১৯৭৪ সাল হতে টেরে ডেস্ হোমস্ ফাউন্ডেশন (টিডিএইচ) শিশু সহায়তায় বাংলাদেশে কাজ করে আসছে। বর্তমানে মা ও শিশুর স্বাস্থ্য ও পুষ্টি কমর্সূচীর মাধ্যমে বাংলাদেশের দু’টি জেলা কুড়িগ্রাম ও বরগুনায় লক্ষ্যভূক্ত জনগোষ্ঠীর জন্য কাজ করে আসছে।
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) has been working for children in Bangladesh since 1974.
Tdh has been implementing a Mother and Child Health (MCH) programme through comprehensive interventions on Health issues, including Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Homestead Gardening, Rehabilitation of Community Clinics, Rehabilitation of Union Health & Family Welfare Centers, Disaster Risk Reduction, Child protection and prevention of early marriage. Tdh has been maintained a formal partnership with Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), and Directorate General of Family Planning (DGFP) under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to work through the Community Clinics (CC) and Union Health & Family Welfare Centers (UH&FWC) respectively. Tdh's initiatives have been contributing to strengthen capacity of government health & family planning service providers, as well as enhancing capacity of management committees of primary health care facilities for their proper functionality and optimum use of the services by the community. Tdh considers child abuse unacceptable and is committed to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect the rights of the children and ensure their wellbeing. Tdh maintain a basic contingency stock for instant support in emergency specially for flood and cold wave situation, responds and also importantly consider emergency recovery interventions on child protection, WASH, HH plinth raising, road reconstruction, community place raising and rehabilitation of damaged infrastructures - schools, health centers.
Tdh is a significant force among children’s aid organizations in Bangladesh and works on two levels to help children:
- Tdh has focused its work over the past decade on mother and child health and nutrition
- For families in disaster prone poverty pockets of Districts of Kurigram and Barguna.
- Tdh's holistic model of action integrates maternal and primary health care, nutrition screening and malnutrition management, Infant and Young Child Feeding awareness campaigns, Water and Sanitation intervention and homestead gardening, disaster risk reduction, child protection.
- Projects are mainly implemented directly and a close collaboration is maintained with the Ministry of Health, Institute of Public Health and Nutrition, as well as district & Upazila administration, health authority and local elected bodies.
- Tdh considers child abuse unacceptable and is committed to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect the rights of children and ensure their wellbeing.